Living in the here, now
Posted April 7, 2007
Dear Readers: The upcoming changes at the Sun-Sentinel show that one never knows their longevity.
The truth is, we never know what tomorrow will bring.
Will I be able to heed my own advice and use the principles that were offered in the "Ask Liz Sterling" column?
Any time we live in "maybe land" we are bound to bind ourselves in fear, conjecture and worry. Maybe this, maybe that ... maybe a new door will open.
Maybe is silly. It is nowhere land. It is unproductive and a waste of time.
And yet, if you take nowhere and separate the word, you find yourself in the most precious place on earth. ...
Now, here!! NOW is where our power truly resides.
I will not indulge the scenarios of what may be, when I can pause for this moment, and feel the blessings that make life so precious.
My breath replenishes my soul each time I inhale and exhale. My eyes dance across the horizon savoring this sacred moment and filling me with joy.
Each time I pause and become truly present, I see; it's all God's creation.
If there is one thing I know, the joy is in the journey and the journey is enlivened and enriched each time we pause to feel God's presence.
His grace is the gift that lifts us higher; to see beyond the worries and concerns.
So I find myself now filled with gratitude for the time we have had.
- On karma and dharma
- Keeping the spirit alive
- Miracles happen daily
- Finding self-confidence
- Forgiveness has power
- Celebrating Each Holiday
- God's Hand Liberating
- Allow the soul to grow
- Intuition often clear, wise
- Exploring Who You Are
- Keep A Gratitude Journal
- Make Doubt Useful
- The Laws of Attraction
- Finding that connection
- Everyone's threshold for suffering is different
- Seek to experience solitude, not loneliness
- Listen to your inner voice for life's signs
- In midst of fear, chaos, choose to remain calm
- Feeling Late Husbands Presence Can Be a Gift
- Make Global Difference by Starting Near at Hand
- Caregiver should draw on spiritual comfort
- It is just as blessed to receive as to give
- Creating spiritual peace must come from within
- Putting your children on paths to tomorrow
- Expand your idea of how to measure personal success
- Books, talk, prayer will spur insight about God
- Restore faith in God by fighting injustices
- Turn negative thoughts into more positive ones
- Let your loneliness spur journey to self-knowledge
- Intuition comes from attention to inner self
- Anger is just one facet of varied personality
- Spirituality is between you and your creator
- Yoga Puts the Mind At Ease
- For greater insight, let your experiences teach
- People grow, change and don't fear choices
- To be a good person, do good, thoughtful deeds
- Take some time, look around, then look inside of yourself
- Good luck or bad luck depends on perspective
- Weigh what retirement will mean to and for you
- You can be an optimist but can't change others
- The shameful thing is a deed, not a person
- Best way of teaching is to use own experiences
- Listening to your inner voice will urge you toward free will
- Be sure roiled emotions don't sway perceptions
- Living practical, `safe' life may not be living